REAGENTS AND CONSUMABLES for bioluminescent toxicity testing
BioLight Reagents and Consumables are applicable for the luminescent bacteria toxicity test using the freeze dried bacteria Aliivibrio fischeri (strain NRRL B-11177) which has bioluminescent properties.
The inhibition of light emitted by the luminescent bacteria is the test criterion for measuring acute toxicity.
The bioLuminescent bacteria test has been used for more than 30 years for environmental toxicity monitoring in water, soil and waste industry and is available as a standardized international method ISO 11348.
ISO 11348 describes three methods for determining the inhibition of the luminescence emitted by the marine bacterium Aliivibrio fischeri (strain NRRL B‑11177). ISO 11348-3:2007 specifies a method using the freeze‑dried bacteria.
This acute toxicity reagent has sensitivity to over 3.600 chemical compounds.
BioLight reagent is available as Multi Test Reagent (for laboratory protocols) and Single Test Reagent (for field protocols).
One vial of reagent (1 mL) contains up to one hundred millions test organisms. Shelf life is 3 years from the date of manufacture, stored at -20 °C to -25 °C. Once the reagent is reconstituted, it should be kept in the cooled reagent well and can be used for 4 hours to run samples.
The marine bacterium Aliivibrio fischeri has had many names over the years. It was originally Photobacterium phosphoreum then Vibrio fischeri.
- BIO2006 BioLight Multi Test Reagent – Freeze dried bacteria (10 vials/box)
- BIO2007 BioLight Single Test Reagent – Freeze dried bacteria (50 vials/box)
- BIO2015A Disposable Glass Cuvettes (200)
- BIO2016A Disposable Glass Cuvettes (1000)
- RAW1035 10-100 µl Pipet Tips
- RAW1036 100-1000 µl Pipet Tips
- BIO2010 Extended Length Tips for Solid Phase
- BIO2011 Solid Phase Filter Column and Tubes (1000)
biolight SALINITY ADJUSTING SOLUTION
BioLight Brings Rapid Toxicity Testing To The 21st Century !